Get a Wheelchair, Rollator, or Walker in Lethbridge
Don’t lose the mobility that you once enjoyed; take advantage of the products offered by Leister’s Home Care Ltd. Whether you need a rollator, wheelchair, or walker, we have Lethbridge covered. Contact us today to speak to our staff about your options. We also offer government subsidies for wheelchairs for qualified candidates.
Walkers and rollators, when set to the optimum height, can help to support those with limited ability so they can enjoy mobility with increased safety and independence.
Walkers come in 2 standard configurations: the standard aluminum walker, generally for indoor use, and the wheeled walker, or rollator, which is an effective walking support for indoors or outside. Popular brands include Evolution and Dana Douglas.
Manual wheelchairs range from basic to advanced and are divided into four basic categories; folding, rigid, positioning and sports wheelchairs. Popular brands or suppliers include:
- Offer a high level of adjustability
- Can accept all types of seating systems, footrests and arms
- Designed for easy portability
- Choice of either steel or aluminum
- Footrests are removable as well and arms and wheels on some models
- Generally heavier than rigid chairs due to folding cross-braces.
- Similar to rigid chairs, but with features that make them suitable for playing sports
- Added features such as optional wheel camber angles and offensive/defensive wings, to full-out racing machines
- Can be specialized for basketball, quad rugby, tennis, track, marathon and more
- Hand cycle can be added to an existing chair or purchased as part of a stand-alone chair
The following are a number of the best-selling manual wheelchairs on the market today.
Invacare Manual Wheelchair – Patriot
- Lightweight, aluminum frame -compact for transport (11.75″ wide folded with wheels)
- Adjustable seat-to-floor height and rear axle mounting bracket positions
- Adjustable angle head tubes & Durable centre mount front riggings
- Precision head tube bearings allow casters to turn smoothly
Sunrise Manual Wheelchair – Quickie 2 Lite
- One free growth kit within the first 5 years of chair ownership
- Angle Adjustable Backrest provides multiple back angles
- Single Post Height Adjustable Armrest
- Ultra-Lightweight Overall Weight: 27.75 lbs (frame, wheels, arms, hangers w/ footplates)
- Highly-adjustable modular frame features multiple front frames and seat rails in combination with Independent cross brace and rear frame.
- Q-Fit™ Technology ensures a tight fit right out of the box.
Pride Mobility Manual Wheelchair – Stylus
- Designed to meet the needs of active users in a very cost-effective package
- Extremely lightweight and very durable
- Enhanced fit and comfort
- Wide selection of innovative options allow for customization to meet individual requirements
- Adjustable tension seat upholstery
- Multiple position rear wheel and caster mounts optimize centre-of-gravity and seat-to-floor height